Founded in 1925, Colorado Mesa University is a selective, comprehensive regional public higher education institution offering liberal arts, professional, and technical training programs at the master’s, bachelor’s, associate and certificate levels. At Colorado Mesa, we take great pride in providing educational opportunities and tools that help students succeed in today’s complex and interconnected world. Our focus is on providing quality academic programs, built on a strong liberal arts core.
A mid-size university of 9,000 students, including international students from over 25 countries, CMU is especially known for quality programs in the fields of business, computer science, exercise science and athletic training, nursing and radiologic technology, the sciences, and music and the arts. The student to faculty ratio is 22:1 which allows students to develop a personal relationship with their professors and fellow classmates. Our faculty create an environment designed to foster a dynamic exchange of ideas. In addition to teaching, professors serve as academic advisors and collaborate with hundreds of students each year in challenging undergraduate research programs – an experience often found only in graduate programs.
Students at Colorado Mesa University enjoy new, state-of-the-art facilities across campus – a new University Center, new classrooms, residence halls, and recreational facilities. Convenient, on-campus housing is available and provides students with the opportunity to make connections within the college community. There are many social, cultural, athletic and recreational activities for students to enjoy, both on and off campus. Best of all, Colorado Mesa University continues to be one of the most affordable four-year institutions in Colorado.
Colorado Mesa’s main campus is located in Grand Junction, Colorado, a safe and friendly community of 146,000. Nestled between mountains and high-desert canyons, the area is home to some of the best outdoor recreation in the country and enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Office of International Education will be the student’s first point of contact and continues to serve international students once on our campus. This office provides assistance with the admission process, with class scheduling, airport pickup, early housing, and with cultural adjustment through a new student orientation, regular international student coffee hours, and programming events. International students quickly make CMU and Grand Junction their “second home.”
Our application process as an F-1 student is very straightforward. Admission requires:
- CMU Application (found at www.coloradomesa.edu/international) and a $30 application fee
- Official bank statement(s) or Letter of Financial Guarantee from sponsor(s)/family member(s) showing proof of funds to cover the first year of tuition, fees, living and personal expenses (see www.coloradomesa.edu/international for the most up-to-date information)
- Signed/notarized Statement of Financial Support for each person/sponsor submitting a bank statement
- Official high school transcripts translated in English if necessary. Colorado Mesa University will accept documents that have been certified as original by the Education USA office. Students who have college/univeristy level classes from a country outside the U.S. and want possible credit at CMU must have the transcripts evaluated by a NACES-approved company (www.naces.org).
- Proof of English Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
Once these documents are submitted, a decision can be made very quickly – usually within a week.